Saturday, May 10, 2014

I'm 29...and 71 months.

I've been thinking a lot about my upcoming birthday.  Not because I'm dreading it or am anxious about it, just because it's a "milestone" birthday.  I’m turning the big 3-5.  (gasp)  I know, I know I just admitted to the world that I will soon be 35.   No longer am I in the 25-34 age bracket, I'm in the 35-44 - or better yet 35-64 age bracket I saw yesterday. Yep, in a little over a month I'll be practically 64.

But back to the pondering…. This got me thinking: What can I do to represent such a birthday?  I don't need anything.  We already have a trip planned this summer (shout out to my little brother who's getting married in July!) plus I don't need a trip.

And then it came to me: RAKs!!  Random Acts of Kindness.  A Christina fav!  Nothing sounds more perfect to ring in my 35th year than 35 random acts of kindness crammed into one day.  Yes, ONE day.  Whew, I'm exhausted just thinking about it!  (And a little relieved I didn't think of this on my 50th birthday.)  I realized the kids (my usual helpers) wouldn't survive an inevitably long day but I knew I would need help to get the RAKs completed and to help keep me motivated. 

Introducing:


 
Accomplice #1 - The Sis
Standing at 5'4" she's a high-energy, adventurous, army-wife and mom of two.
She loves hiking, coffee, Tina's madness, and long walks on the
beach with her hubs (hard to do in Colorado).
Meet: Brittany!
 
Accomplice #2 - The Mother
Also standing at 5'4" she's a fun-loving, dedicated pastor's wife,
mother of three and grandmother of five!  She enjoys cooking, family get-togethers,
and playing any game that allows her to win against her hubs.
Meet: Paula!

So I have the ambition, I have the recruits, now I need the ideas.  I have some, but not enough.  And that's where you come in. 

Your mission: to help me come up with a list of 35 thoughtful and fun RAKs.  They don't need to be big and extravagant - actually, considering I have 35 to pay for and cram into one day, I'm hoping they're not big and extravagant - just fun and encouraging to those that find them. 
 
Bring on the ideas!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment