Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Best. Birthday. Ever. Part 1 - The Prep

When I had the crazy thought to do 35 RAKs in ONE day on my 35th birthday, I never imagined what the day would turn out like.  RAKs are often unpredictable.  -Sometimes you never meet or even see the person you are "RAK'ing", other times you directly interact with the person.  But nothing, NOTHING, could have prepared me for this birthday full of RAKs.

Donnie left Friday, with the three littles in tow, headed for my brother-in-law's (DJ - the sis' hubs).  Yes, those two amazing men decided to combine forces to watch five little ones for two days and two nights - AND they made it look easy - so us women folk could have the house to ourselves to prep (and giggle).

My two accomplices came up later that evening.  After a delightful dinner, we headed to complete some last minute errands and then back to my house to prep for the following day.

Here they are assembling blessing bags for me:



The Mother - working hard for me
The Sis - making it look easy
And I baked and baked and baked.  Let's just say, I made roughly 25 dozen cookies and 5 dozen scones to deliver the next day and wasn't in bed until 2 am!
 

Some of the goodies


No comments:

Post a Comment