Saturday, October 12, 2013

A supportive family is key

Day Twelve.

Today was special.  I took my state licensing exam (mentioned in the post from 10/9) and passed.  So my incredibly thoughtful mom and sister took me and all five kids to lunch--their treat!  If I'm honest, lunch was YUMMY--very yummy.  But what made it more special was the experience.  Not just going to lunch with my mom, sister, two nieces, and three little ones, but their entire trip. 

My sister and mom were so understanding and supportive of the meals yesterday.  Not one hesitation or concern.  They asked questions and said they were proud of what we were trying to do and trying to teach our family unit.  Lunch was modest with sandwiches, veggies, and pretzel crisps for all three adults and five kids.  For dinner I made taquitos and my first attempt at homemade beans.  Thanks to my SIL Erin for the recipe and my friend Katie for an insane amount of instruction, I made a H.U.G.E. (accidentally) and tasty crock pot of pinto beans.  (A little preview to November Guatemala eating I think.)  It was fun having conference texts and phone calls with Katie and my mom and sister as we figured out what to do with an entire crock pot of beans.  (PS For those of you who have never made beans at home, they grow--A LOT!)  And then homemade peach cobbler for dessert. 

So thank you mom and Brittany for making me feel so supported both in my test and in our nine weeks of consciousness.  Your support means the world to me.  --Although the Reese's tucked into my congrats card may mean a smidgen more.  ;)



My flowers (one from each child) and my card and treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment