Monday, October 7, 2013

I need a makeover!

Day Seven.

One week!! We've made it an entire week!

The kids are doing well.  Donnie's doing well.  I would've said I was doing well except I had an epiphany today.  --I keep thinking "After October and November....blah, blah, blah".  It was anything from explaining to the kids I'll buy bagels again soon to telling myself soon I'll be able to drive down to Denver and meet my family for  lunch or dinner.  But that is NOT the attitude I want to have. 

It's not that planning for special occasions or having some favorite foods in the house is a bad thing, but the attitude behind my thoughts is wrong.  It's one of wanting.  Wishing.  Craving.  Discontentment.  Ungratefulness.

Sigh. 

I've been so focused on the little ones doing well that I neglected to keep my own thoughts in check. How will I change my heart and viewpoints long-term if I'm unwilling to completely give myself over now to the concept and training?  And how can I help continue to guide my family if I'm not 100% living by example?

It's time for an attitude makeover.

No comments:

Post a Comment